Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis

Default The $29.95 angle drill continued

On Mon, 8 May 2006 11:16:55 -0400, "George" George@least wrote:

"robo hippy" wrote in message
roups.com...
$150 for 6 months vs $30 times 4 (I am figuring 1 1/2 months life) is
$120 for the same time span. The cheap one may be the better deal.

I use the flexible shaft, which goes for 50 or 60, depending on source, and
use it for a couple/three years. Not to mention the advantage gained by
having a sander I can support on the rest rather than the work when sanding
on the lathe. Couple hundred pieces a year average usage.

Then there's the benefit gained in having a great lap sander as well. Put
the piece between my knees, grip one edge, sand with a full handshake grip
on the handle. Tough to beat it for a lot of work, especially the bowls of
the spoons I carve..

You wear kevlar boxers when you lap sand? *g*

Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis