Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Tom Storey

Default The $29.95 angle drill continued

I bought a 3/8" CTC drill for $35 complete with a 3 year warrantee. I think
I have a drill (sander) for life!
wrote in message
oups.com...
robo hippy wrote:

$150 for 6 months vs $30 times 4 (I am figuring 1 1/2 months life) is

$120 for the same time span. The cheap one may be the better deal.
robo hippy

If I were to use them as a drill, for the sake of accuracy and
dependability, I would go with the Milwaukee. But.. that is using it
as a drill, not a sander.

But if you are only using the machine to spin a piece of sandpaper I
think you are missing the boat. Next time Harbor Freight has their
model on sale, go buy it for $29 bucks. Then add the 1 year
replacement warranty for $5 that may start after the original 90
warranty (I think it is literally $5 for anything under $50). It would
give you a minimum of 12 months replacement in the store. This would
preclude replacing anything inside the drill or taking anything apart
to find out what broke. It would save you a few hours anyway by the
time you dismantle the drill, locate the parts, drive to get them, and
reassemble.

And it would compare favorably with your economic model.

Milwaukee - $150 X 2 (one year) = $300 annually

Current brand X Chiawanese - $120 X 2 (one year) = $240 annually

HF Chiawanese with warranty - $35 for one year = well, $35 for one year

Robert