Posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house

Default Front-load washer?

hubcap wrote:

I installed my new whirlpool front loader in a room framed with
16 foot long 2X12 floor joists on 12 in centers. I can relate to
how it might vibrate violently if loaded in such a way that it
becomes unbalanced, but so far there's been no problem and i
works great.

-Mike

I'm thinking if a person is gonna install a front
loader on a "soft" floor..... than maybe installing it
under a counter or at least bolting it and the dryer
together may help reduce vibration or spread vibration
out

What you think?

Good idea or bad idea?