Posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house
D Smith

Default Front-load washer?

writes:

"Mike T." wrote:

The front-load washer will shake a
house so bad that most new owners assume that it is defective. (and thus
they call for service) -Dave

That was my experience

Bough Kenmore FL units

Shakes the floor so hard I swear I wont buy another
front loader ever UNLES its concrete floor

I'm going top loader Fisher Paykel next time.

Opinions?

Our front-loader (I can't remember if it is a Kenmore or a Frigidaire
- it was bought at Sears, and Frigidaire probably makes the Kenmore
anyway) is on our main-floor laundry area in the kitchen. I had to make
sure that I leveled it with the adjustable legs, but I've never felt
worried that it was shaking anything too much. A top-loader also has a
spin cycle, and will shake things up if it is unbalanced and not securely
on all four feet.

This isn't to say that people that report problems here are wrong -
just to say that some of us have front-loaders on the main floor (not
concrete) and don't have shaking problems. It probably depends on just how
much flex there is in a particular floor. A front-loader does spin in a
different direction from a top-loader (which won't have the same up-down
component), but it's not iherently unstable.