Posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house
Mike T.

Default Front-load washer?

Thanks for the info, dunno what a guy would do without this group!

Interestingly, I don't recall any mention of this in Consumer Reports.
Wouldntcha think they'd run across this problem in their testing?

Consumer Distorts probably tested in a lab with a concrete floor or some
kind of ultra-hard industrial flooring (on top of concrete). Interestingly
enough, our front loader sits directly on concrete floor in the basement,
and shakes the nearby concrete WALLS, also. But we don't feel any
vibration upstairs. Still, if you ever even put your hand on the washer
during the spin cycle, you will understand the need for installing it on
concrete, without anybody telling you that it's necessary. These things
have a lot of POWER and TORQUE, and they throw your laundry around at insane
speeds, causing very violent vibrations. You do NOT want these vibrations
transmitted through a typical floor in a modern house. It has to be set on
solid concrete. -Dave