Posted to misc.consumers,alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

Default A Day Without an Illegal Immigrant

"Just Bob" wrote in message
. ..

Doug Kanter wrote:
"Robert Gammon" wrote in message
. net...
wrote:
On Sun, 07 May 2006 18:43:23 GMT, "Dave" wrote:

Of course, English is the de facto official language of the WORLD,
most specifically including the United States of America. Why
would someone immigrate to the United States expecting to have to
speak French? Hint to the clueless . . . some things are so obvious
that they
don't need to be written down somewhere. Speak English, or go
home. -Dave

I suppose I just want the Mexicans to get the same consideration we
give Cubans. If you think Cubans "learn the language" it is obvious
you have never been to Miami. When they enter the country on a raft
"illegally" we let them stay with virtually no questions asked as
long as their feet are on dry ground when INS finds them. Castro
does not respond to"background checks", nor do we ask.

GREAT ANSWER.
Mexican and Central American illegal immigrants , by and large
seeking refuge from horrific economic conditions (and sometimes
political problems exist too) should not get better or worse
treatment than Cubans who are fleeing both political and economic
nightmares

Ah...but the Cubans are a special case. The reason for their special
treatment is rather circular. The person they're fleeing is an ***EVIL
COMMUNIST*** (everybody say "booooo"). By standing between these
special immigrants and the law, politicians gain votes. These
immigrants can vote because in many cases, when they arrive, they
drop right into a much stronger support system than people streaming
over the Mexican border. By support system, I mean friends & family,
and perhaps a job. Therefore, they have the advantage of immersion,
which is the best way to learn a new language and assimilate in other
ways. It also helps one gain citizenship more quickly. Become a
citizen, and you can vote for the person who helped you stay here.
And, you can make sure Cuba retains is special evil status for as
long as it takes for the rest of your family & friends to come here.
What Mexicans need is an evil leader with a special label like
"Communist". Unfortunately for them, there are no evil leaders with
similar special status.

That will be Bush's next job.

Do you mean, "Who needs to be bombed next?", in an effort to ratchet up his
approval number with people who have nothing else to live for but violence?