Posted to misc.consumers,alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

Default A Day Without an Illegal Immigrant

"Robert Gammon" wrote in message
om...
Doug Kanter wrote:
wrote in message

On Mon, 08 May 2006 11:02:50 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

Therefore, they
have the advantage of immersion, which is the best way to learn a new
language and assimilate in other ways

Now I know you have never been to Miami.

I was about to ask "What do you mean?", but I'll guess:

1) They cluster in their own neighborhoods.

2) They don't speak English.

How many points do I get?

only two points, don't forget that Radio is filled with Hispanic stations
and Latin music.

TV channels, several of them in the big cities, have a curious mix of pure
spanish and Spanglish.

Print media in the large cities caters to the local mix. We have several
different flavors of newspapers for different parts of Central America,
Mexico, China, Vietnam, Korea, and even Thailand here in Houston.

The mix of stuff changes from city to city depending on whether
Mexico/Central/South America dominates its racial mix. Miami gets
Cubans, Houston, San Diego, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta (and LOTs of
other places large and small) get Mexico/Central and South Americans.

If I could stand living in these cement-covered places, I'd love this kind
of mix.

First generation has LOTS of problems with language.

You know why that is, right?