Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson

Default Tool & Cutter Grinder Repair

wrote:
I just bought a small KO Lee Tool & Cutter Grinder (model B800-10-51)
from a salvage yard. The unit is covered with rust but is otherwise in
decent shape.

The inboard way of the longitudinal table is worn some. I haven't
measured it but by eyeball I'd say there was a .010" depression in the
middle third of the way. This is a flat way. The outboard way is a VEE
shape and appears to have no significant difference in shape along the
entire length of the bed (about 20").

I've seen small tools that have been braised to replace missing metal.
Does it make sense to have someone attempt to braise the inboard way to
replace the missing metal (cast iron, I'd guess)? Or should I consider
some other repair method?

That will warp it. You could scrape it or have it ground on a surface
grinder.

Jon