Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Robert Swinney

Default O.T. Cell Phone

Dave sez:: " Sure, but I'm still not buying the claim that every cellphone
is tracked
all the time and the records are kept 7 years. The volume of data would
be immense, and pretty pointless. The expansion of "and the data is
then sold to advertisers" just smells a bit too much like tinfoil-hat
type material."

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
On Mon, 08 May 2006 09:33:00 GMT, Erik wrote:
In article %nJ5g.11440$t_2.8180@trnddc07,

I heard they found OJ Simpson by his cell phone. Apparently cell phones
communicate every few seconds with the network, even when just in the
on/standby mode, so the network always knows which cell site the phone
is closest too. They saw his phone moving from cell site to cell site
located along a freeway, giving john law a good general area to focus
on....