Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil Jones

Default Problem with new briggs & Stratton 40

That's the part!
It only needs to be a pinhole to affect the performance.

wrote in message
ups.com...

Phil Jones wrote:
My Briggs and Stratton mower wouldn't go after coming out of winter
storage.
It started but then ran rough and eventually died, after that it wouldn't
start. The problem with mine was a torn diaphragm in the carb. The man in
the mower shop sold me a new one(£2.82) and now it runs as well as ever.
He
also told me not to store the mower over winter with petrol still in the
carb as this is what weakens the diaphragm.

Is that the very thin thing between the carb and the petrol tank?

I couldn't get a new one this weekend, but had a look at the old one
and it seems to be intact :=((