Posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house
Steve

Default Front-load washer?

"Tomes" wrote:
Any idea what the cu ft capacity is? Home Depot has the 3.42' washer
for $799 and 7.0' dryer for $649. They also have the 3.72' washer for
$999 and 7.3' dryer for $799. Does that amount of extra space seem
meaningful?
I'm not sure how tight you're supposed to pack the clothes in a
front-loader, but it must take quite a bit more than an equivalent
top-loader, since there's much less water and no agitator taking up
room?

I have a front load washer. I pack it with as much clothes as I can jam in
there and it does fine. It is a different paradigm - it does not need to
have free room in there.

Is a 3.4 cu ft washer big enough for normal usage, or does the 3.7
seem worth the extra money?

--

My friends tell me I have an intimacy problem.
But they don't really know me.

....Garry Shandling