Posted to sci.electronics.repair
distar97

Default ITT Tech

wrote:
What does the ITT stand for in ITT Tech?

The school using the name ITT is a sort of 'old school' marketing ploy.

ITT was once a famous communications giant and industry leader.
So the name has value if tied to a tech school. The precedent for this
naming
practice is the famous RCA institute. Decades ago, this was a great
tech
school. RCA, then an industry leader, was actually involved, giving the
school
credibility.

The funny thing is few young students know what ITT represents, the
name
doesn't have the cache is used to. Frankly I would try and get a
franchise for
the name of a current big company like Intel or Google.

Sadly, tech work doesn't seem to be the same in our throw-away society.

Dennis H. (former IBM tech)