Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
tomcas

Default Help with centrifugal clutch

Camilo Ramos wrote:
hello all

I need to buy a centrifugal clutch for motorizing my bike. The engine is a
31cc weedeater (yes I know those are not the best for this). My doubt
is that the clutches commonly available (mainly Comet, 4 inches) usually are rated
rated 2.5 to 6 HP. I guess my engine can put about 1 HP., perhaps 1.5 HP at
most. Is the engine underpowered for these clutches?

No, but the engagement rpms will most likely be too low for this engine.

I could get a trimmer
clutch but then the clutch seem to be small for the task.

It should be OK but the engine itself is probably too small for the task.

Thanks in advance

Camilo