Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill

Default Should I repair a 30 year old SubZero refrigerator?

Taking a lesson from businesses....

Some businesses will *always* repair instead of replacing if the repair cost
is lower than the replacement.

The exception to this rule is if a replacement will have lower energy costs
or result in lower operating costs to the business. In that case, they will
spend almost anything and replace with a quickness so their long term
operating expenses are lower.

So in your case, I would replace it with a quickness as this will result in
lower electric bills. However you have the problem of matching it to the
other appliances (wood) and finding the same size.

Here is the Sub Zero web site showing a new built-in. Might want to call and
ask them...
http://www.subzero.com/subzero/600series.asp