Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield

Default Fixing to prefab concrete garage

chris French explained :
My Dad has asked me to go over and help fix up a cupboard in their garage.
The garage is a prefabricated concrete affair AFAICR. He tried drilling it
with his normal hammer drill but had no impact.

I'm taking my SDS over, but I'm wondering if attempting to drill it is the
best way, any other suggestions?

--

I happen to have just done that this afternoon :-)

I needed to properly fix a shelf, one where I had myself tried to drill
a few years ago with a basic hammer drill and not managed to go deep
enough.

The SDS will easily do it, but obviously you need to avoid the
reinforcing steel around the edges of each section (cable and pipe
locator?). An obviously easy place to drill is in mid panel though the
panels are very thin there - too thin for screws and plugs, but nuts
and bolts work.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)