Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m

Default Fixing to prefab concrete garage

On Sun, 7 May 2006 20:34:06 +0100, chris French
wrote:

My Dad has asked me to go over and help fix up a cupboard in their
garage. The garage is a prefabricated concrete affair AFAICR. He tried
drilling it with his normal hammer drill but had no impact.

I'm taking my SDS over, but I'm wondering if attempting to drill it is
the best way, any other suggestions?

One way is to use some bracketry to pick up the panel joining bolts
(if it's that sort of 'prefab') and use those to create crossmembers /
batten to fix the cupboard to?

On mine I fixed 6 x 6 x 2" sawn blocks "Gripfilled" to each of the
panels (4 / panel), lined the garage with ply screwed to the blocks
and now I can fix most things where I like (you could do just one 8x4
panel maybe)?

All the best ..

T i m