Posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.d-i-y,sci.chem,sci.med.nutrition
Tom Anderson

Default Is tooth brushing water from hot tap safer than from cold tap?

On Sun, 7 May 2006, Adrian Tupper wrote:

David Hansen wrote in
:

On 06 May 2006 17:19:27 GMT someone who may be Adrian Tupper
wrote this:-

Indeed. I would not be happy to clean my teeth with water from *any*
tap which wasn't directly mains fed. If my hand-basins had cold
supplies from attic tanks (which they don't!), I'd use a jug of

water
from a mains supply - such as the kitchen tap, or even bottled

water.

I'm wondering how on earth I'm still alive.

Ditto, decades of cleaning my teeth with water from cold tanks and
I'm still alive. If some of the posters are to be believed I must be
amazingly healthy to fight off all the bugs:-)

A sense of proportion is necessary. Ten people a day are killed on
UK roads.

Exactly. For some reason we tolerate loss of life on roads more than
pretty well anything else I can think of.

IMNERHO, because (a) the deaths are spread out in time and space, and so
don't seem like a single problem and (b) we all [1] know that to do
something about it, we'd have to change our own habits, or at least put up
with greater restrictions on our own lives; these factors combine to
enable us to ignore the problem very efficiently.

tom

[1] Those of us who drive motor vehicles on the highway, anyway.

--
Mathematics is the door and the key to the sciences. -- Roger Bacon