Posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.d-i-y,sci.chem,sci.med.nutrition
Tom Anderson

Default Is tooth brushing water from hot tap safer than from cold tap?

On Sat, 6 May 2006, Chris Bacon wrote:

Weatherlawyer wrote:
David P wrote:

However what about brushing your teeth? Most people would brush their
teeth using water from the cold tap in the bathroom.

Use caustic soda for excellent results.

Some toothpaste (e.g. Maclean's Whitening, which I have some of
in the cupboard) does contain caustic soda.

I think those have got sodium bicarbonate; caustic soda is sodium
hydroxide, which is altogether different. Caustic soda would be a very
effective tooth-cleaning agent; the problem is that it would also be a
rather effective flesh-dissolving agent as well.

tom

--
Mathematics is the door and the key to the sciences. -- Roger Bacon