Posted to uk.d-i-y
DaveChester

Default Wall Mounted toilet on tile wall

Hi guys,

First post although I have been reading on various subjects for a
while.

I have purchased a Grohe frame which I have bolted to the wall and
floor, covered in 18mm WBP ply and then tiled. I left it a day or two
and then bolted the toilet on, no problem.

I have now noticed that the bottom two tiles have cracked from the
pressure of the toilet bearing down (toliet anchors at the top so there
is quite a lot of pressure near the U bend). I am quite heavy but
obviously I cant have this happening again. Has anyone any tips on how
I could do this better?

I thought I did the bolts up pretty tight (the toilet would not move by
hand). Should I hav eput something between the porcelain and the
ceramic tile or waited longer before sitting on it?

Any help greatfully apprecaited.

Dave