Posted to rec.woodworking

Default what are the best screws for Melamine Board?

I'm no pro at this, but I did use MB to make an L-shaped computer desk
and support units w/shelving for my computer room last fall (it's still
hangin' together). I had good luck using dadoes combined with those
course deck screws you can get at Home Depot. Pre-drill the holes, of
course, and be gentle when you drive the screws, don't run them in
hard. (I faced the support units with white vinyl, but faced the table
top with red-oak banding with an application of tung oil. It turned out
purtee good, if I do say so myself.)