Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller

Default Any idea on how to find original plans for a house?

wrote in message
On Sat, 6 May 2006 11:47:43 -0400, "miamicuse"
wrote:

Just purchased a property in Miami, built in 1972, sold to second owner in
1985 and now sold to me. House was custom built and has a lot of unique
features but unable to find any plans.

Bear in mind "plans" are usually just a guideline anyway.

You sound like my judge.
I sued a contractor because he agreed to follow my architect's plans, but
cut corners everywhere. The judge ruled that I was unreasonable in
expecting a contractor to be honest. I won, but only a fraction of what I
should have.