Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
syoung

Default Washing machines that are built like commercial machines?

Ignoramus21474 wrote:
To all people who say "I have a 20 year old XXX brand washer, and it
still works fine": I think that things have changed since when you
bought your favorite washer, and manufacturers learned to make cheap,
bad products that would just last beyond the warranty period.

I have no doubt that these companies used to make good products. Then
what often happens is that some asshole CEO comes on board, cheapens
everything, enjoys a few years of great "profits" and bonuses, and
then moves on to another company.

This is what all business colleges and Wall Street are teaching the
managers of today - plan for yourself, today. Let the rest of all the
suckers care about their kids lives in the future. Managers are being
told to manage for today only.