Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default MarMachine website

On Sat, 06 May 2006 10:26:09 -0400, Pete Keillor
wrote:

On Sat, 06 May 2006 13:49:05 GMT, Gary Brady
wrote:

John Martin wrote:

You're not getting out enough, Gunner. Ruck is a rugby term - it's
when the forwards all lock up together over the ball and try to push
the other team off it.

I'll be damned if I know how he gets cats to do it, though.

John Martin

I thought that was a "scrum".

Yup. Loose ruck is similar when you're fighting over a loose ball.
That happens a lot, because once you're tackled, you have to drop the
ball. If you don't, they're free to fight for the ball while you're
still hanging onto it.

Pete Keillor (3 yrs. at tighthead prop)

Is that somehow related to "ruckus"?

Gunner

"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism.
As a genetic communist you feel that noticing behavioural
patterns relating to race would cause a conflict with your belief
in biological Marxism." Big Pete, famous Usenet Racist