Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default Home MIG welder...miller?

On Sat, 06 May 2006 02:02:58 GMT, Bruce L. Bergman
wrote:

On Fri, 5 May 2006 15:44:04 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:
"Tom Gardner" wrote

Get LOTS of wire brushes, use once and replace.

Say what?

What do you expect him to say? ;-P

Actually, the proper statement would be more like:

"Buy a batch of my wire wheels and cup brushes - and don't be
surprised if they last three times as long as the junk Chinese wire
wheels you were using. And you were only looking at the shelf price
and thinking you were saving money."

They last AT LEAST 3 times as long. Ive done jobs with Toms brushes
that were only a smidge used looking at the end..where the same job
before took 3-5 imported ones.

He's got stringer knotted wheels, but only in 5/8"-11 for American
tools. IIRC, the Japanese and German makes have a metric arbor
thread, so unless you go buy a DeWalt/Milwaukee/Porter-Cable grinder
you are SOL...

-- Bruce --

Only brushes Ill use on angle grinders are Toms. Well..used to use,
before that **** (still not caught) stole all my angle grinders. And m
favorite Rockwell wormdrive saw.....and....
I hope she dies of toxic shock syndrome.

Gunner

"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism.
As a genetic communist you feel that noticing behavioural
patterns relating to race would cause a conflict with your belief
in biological Marxism." Big Pete, famous Usenet Racist