Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.audio
Dave Liquorice

Default Advice requested: wireless microphone for use with laptop

On Wed, 03 May 2006 23:57:43 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

No - fx mics will usually be cabled. Remember many if not most football
grounds in the UK have at least some broadcasting cabling installed
permanently.

Premiership grounds but not many others do. At the smaller grounds even
BT has to put in some Dropwire No.10 for the DELs...

I don't count COOBE/ISDN for local radio coverage a "broadcast cabling",
I'm thing of multies, triax, BT fibre etc.

As do racecourses.

Yes, mostly part of Racetech. Drive up, drag a loom out plug it in, power
up and there you have the standard facilties for the betting coverage and
"officals" (Can't remember what you call 'em at racecourses, not umpires,
judges...). Haven't done the GeeGees for ages since the BBC lost most of
the meetings to channel 4.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail