Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
Stealth Pilot

Default Washing machines that are built like commercial machines?

On Sat, 6 May 2006 11:48:47 -0400, "ATP*"
wrote:

"Ignoramus22440" wrote in message
.. .
It seems that my current maytag washer broke the clutch, that's very
hard to get to. The motor and the tub pulley spin, but the tub does
not engage. There were also some bad noises coming from there, as
though a piece of metal was caught between some gears. These noises
stopped, eventually, with no improvement.

It is not the first time when this washer breaks and I have just about
had it.

You can save water and energy by going with a front-load consumer model. I
don't know how reliable they are. As far as consumer vs. commercial, do the
math, the annual cost of ownership on a regular washing machine is pretty
low.

front loaders are crap.
buy a bog standard top loader from a reputable name and you should
have little problem.
I overloaded ours and stripped the agitator. $60 bought a replacement
one which has given no problems since.
Stealth Pilot