Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default Safe to drink boiled water from hot tap?

On Sat, 06 May 2006 11:26:34 +0100, Dave Fawthrop
wrote:

On Sat, 06 May 2006 11:00:29 +0100, Andy Hall wrote:

|On Sat, 06 May 2006 10:42:23 +0100, Dave Fawthrop

||Its generally safe to drink boiled water from anywhere, apart from the
||outflow of a chemical company.
||Such as those who add chlorine, fluorides, chemicals to kill
||invertebrates,......
|
|Ingestion of chemicals is all about the dose, We can happily ingest a
|tiny amount of those without *any* ill effects.
|
|I would prefer not to though, and would also prefer to select the
|chemical content of what I drink rather than allowing a water company
|to do it for me.

You prefer to drink bottle water complete with bacteria, and leachate from
the plastic bottle. Bottled water *usually* contains fewer bacteria than
the legal limit.

I don't buy water in plastic bottles, only glass.

Given a choice between minimal levels of bacteria which are unlikely
to do anything, but in a worse scenario will be handled by the immune
system, vs. chemical additives which may well be cumulative and not
eliminated by the body, then bacteria win every time.

The only Life without risk is death.

Of course, so why spoil it with foul tasting tap water?

--

..andy