Posted to uk.d-i-y,sci.chem,uk.food+drink.misc
Dave Plowman (News)

Default Safe to drink boiled water from hot tap?

In article ,
Dave Fawthrop wrote:
|Iron? Pretty well all domestic plumbing in the UK is copper plastic or
|lead. Iron barrel is virtually unheard of. Header tanks were steel, but
|galvanised. If the zinc has gone the tank won't last much longer.

We still have lots of Victorian cast iron pipes under the roads, but
small amounts of iron in water causes no problems whatsoever. Look
down holes in the road, you will soon see them.

Indeed. But the text was about hot water taking up minerals, etc. I
snipped too much.

--
*Xerox and Wurlitzer will merge to market reproductive organs.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.