Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
Ron Bean

Default Washing machines that are built like commercial machines?

Ignoramus22440 writes:

I would like to buy a new washer that is built honestly, like Miller
welders or Cummins engines, and not like cost engineered crap that does
not last and is impossible to fix.

Such washers are, apparently, made, at least for commercial
laundromats. (which would not fit our room) Is there a consumer version
of that?

Many apartment buildings have Maytag commercial washers and dryers that
are the same size as the "consumer" ones-- they're the same ones I've
seen in laundromats, so I'm not sure why you think they wouldn't fit.

My landlord fixes them himself, and he says the insides are modular and
easy to work on. I don't know where he buys them, but there must be
companies that sell them to laundromats etc. Try the yellow pages.
Or get friendly with your local laundromat owner and ask him where he
buys stuff.

The ones in my building do malfunction occasionally but they're pretty old
and beat up. The newer ones at the laundromat seem to work well.