Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Home MIG welder...miller?

Joe,

I believe both Lincoln and Miller make small portable 110V Mig welders.
I have a blacksmithing friend who has the Lincoln version and loves it.
I have heard the recommendation that it is better to buy a name brand
that will be readily available to your area so that you can get parts
and service if needed. From a conversation with a welding instructor, I
was told that the extra equipment and expense for gas shielding is WAY
better than flux core. For cutting parts, assuming these are straight
90 degree or angle cuts, a quick alternative is a chop saw. I have a
small horiz./vertical bandsaw in my shop and that works great too.

Hope this helps,

Paul