Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green

Default Type "L" hot and cold water copper lines?

I'd also wager that the thicker pipe is more immune to the pinhole leak
problem from additives that has plagued some areas of the country.

--
Bobby G.

"EXT" wrote in message
anews.com...
Had a short length of pipe in my garage that went from the house to an
outside faucet. Even though I drained it, type "M" pipe split open like
aluminum foil over winter. There couldn't be more than a few drops of

water
in the line but it split three winters in a row. I changed it to type "L"
and had no problems with it since. I am sold on the durability of type

"L".

"Jack" n wrote in message
news
I'm using type L instead of type M copper for re-piping my whole house
where only M is required by code. Mostly it will be installed in the

crawl
space below a wood structure. Am I wasting my money or will it provide
better reliability say 20 to 30 years from now.