Posted to alt.home.repair
PaPaPeng

Default Explosives: Tree stump removal

On Thu, 4 May 2006 20:59:00 +0100, mglodowski
wrote:

I am on my last leg, and this is my idea:

1) Drill a 1.5'' diameter hole in the stump, about 3-4 inches deep
2) Fill it with gunpowder
3) Cork it tight
4) Install a long fuse
5) Light it and run

Reminds me of this story.

Caleb had recently graduated from a tree-surgeon school (can't recall
exactly what type school so 'tss' will have to do.) So he set up shop
and the first was a call from a farmer who wanted to remove a large
tree stump from his section. Caleb loaded up his truck and headed
out. As he had never used dynamite before for stump removal he wasn't
quite sure how to go about it. So he whupped out his tape measure and
stalled for time by making a lot of measurements while he figured out
what to do next. Well one can only stall for so long, especially with
the farmer looking on. So Caleb snucked the dynamite under the stump
and took shelter at a safe distance so that he could set it off.
BOOM. Caleb must have put bin a bit too much charge. The stump
lifted off gracefully into the air and arced down to demolish his
truck's cab. The farmer was impressed. "Hey there young fella. With
a bit of practice you will get it to land on the box everytime."