Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

Default Quorn tooling grinder questions

I'm looking for advice on my latest acquisition. It's clearly capable
of more than I know how to do, but I'd like to know if anyone else here
is familiar with the "Quorn" as designed by Professor D.H. Chaddock, and
published in Model Engineer magazine in at least December 1976.

Pictures of a similar if not identical unit here (the one on the right)
http://www.lawm.freeserve.co.uk/quorn.htm

Anyone have one of these beasties, or something similar, who can give me
any advice at all? My limit of experience sharpening tools, is twist
drills on the grinder with a guide, and they come out fine to my eye.
I'm comfortable with geometry and related math, which seems to me I'm
going to need. So it's pretty intimidating right now, all those
adjustments. How do I make this baby work to, say, sharpen a 4-flute
endmill? Obviously I need to order the book, but any advice is welcome.

Oddly enough, if you google for "Quorn", you get a bunch of hits for
some synthetic meat substitute. Amazing what you find on the Internet.

Thanks,
Dave Hinz