Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Wait

Default interesting problem with water hammering

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 13:06:44 -0700, Grant Erwin
wrote:

I just ran into my old boss. He is now retired, and an avid gardener. He

put in

---BIG SNIP---

a transient either in my sim or his experience.

FYI. Your EE neighbor may find this interesting, if not
particularly informative or helpful.

RCM'ers sure know how to beat a subject to death. Plumbing codes here only
require air chambers at locations with automatic (solenoid) valves, for
obvious reasons. Ask your neighbor. ;-) The spring loaded ones work
fine,will never fill with water and cost $6-$8 @ HD. They have M-F hose
threads so they can be hooked up to your washer after the fact. Put one in
the system between the pressure source and the solenoid valve and sleep
better all night.

Brought to you by the BRS Institute for Better Sleep.
Tom