Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m

Default Carpet tiles, 'brilliant' ;-)

On Thu, 4 May 2006 19:56:51 +0100, "Schrodinger's cat"
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
.. .

SNIP

Oh, and none of the noise and the walking-on-gravel feel of laminate
either ;-)

SNIP

T i m

I would definitely say there's something wrong with your laminate flooring
if it has a "Walking-on-gravel" feel. Is there gravel on it?

I was only joking really .. but it does seem to amplify any small
sones and grit that would be 'absorbed' in a softer surface?

However, my mate had some layed in his shop by another mate (of his).
I think he ran out of underlay and put some of the laminate straight
on top of the (unsealed) concrete floor .. now that *is* crunchy!

Congrats on your tiles win.

Thanks Martin, it gives me a reasonable flooring for the time being
whilst doing a bit of freecycling ;-)

All the best ..

T i m