Harold & Susan Vordos

Default The Maytag Man came by today

"MKloepster" wrote in message
It's a good thing our defenders of the universe are doing
the right thing and tracking the right criminals. Who cares
if our women are raped, homes are burglarized, vehicles are
carjacked, and banks robbed? Our gov't is catching the -real-
bad guys who hire low-cost workers for Wally World!

Well, at least here in southern AZ, you're largely talking about the same
people committing all those crimes...so illegal immigration matters a

great
deal. Available employment for "decent" illegal immigrants (can't really

call
them law-abiding) also draws the worst of their countrymen with them.

Stop one
problem and you go a long way toward reducing the others. A simple

analogy:
The neighbor who piles garbage in his yard isn't directly causing disease

in
his neighborhood, but shouldn't he be punished for drawing the pests that

do?
The same logic applies to corporations drawing criminals accross our

borders.
If they hired legal immigrants, they'd have to pay a legal wage, and that
apparently just won't do.

Interestingly, here in Western Washington, if it weren't for the immigrants,
legal or otherwise, I'm of the opinion that many of the jobs these folks do
wouldn't get done. How many young US born people do you know that are
willing to wallow in cow pies for a living? Or spend their days in huge
chicken barns, one of the more popular businesses here, where logging is
falling out of favor rapidly. Our young people don't seem interested in
doing the work, so it wouldn't get done, in spite of the wages paid here.
Washington, in all it's wisdom (thanks to the Democrats) has an unreasonable
minimum wage---way too high, creating a false impression that one need not
prepare themselves to make a living, the government will provide for them
with unreasonable wages. Isn't that one of the things that's making us
less than competitive in the world?

Back to the immigrants and the work they do, I'm certainly not in favor of
people taking our jobs away, but I don't see that happening, not at the
hands of the immigrants, anyway. We're in a tough position, of that
there's no doubt, but almost to a man, all of us benefit by the folks from
south of the border, for if it weren't for them, the crops would most likely
still be sitting in the fields, and the cows left unmilked. Many of us may
resent these people coming here, but we should appreciate the fact that they
are doing work that would otherwise not get done.

Harold