Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe

Default Installing hardwood floor

On Wed, 3 May 2006 00:36:21 -0500, "todd" wrote:

"Joe" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 1 May 2006 21:53:07 -0500, "todd" wrote:

I'm going to be installing a mesquite floor in a few days. It's solid
1/2"
thick flooring in a glue-down application. The adhesive I'm using is
Bostik's Best. It's a urethane adhesive that when cured is still elastic
which allows the wood to move. The space I'm putting it in is new
construction and currently has just the 3/4" subfloor. I'm wondering if I
should put down something like 1/4" plywood over the subfloor before
laying
the floor or just laying right on top of the subfloor.

todd

What is the sub-floor?

In any case, the flooring should acclimate -on site- a minimum of 10
days before installation.

The subfloor is 3/4" plywood. The material is sitting in the space right
now. I don't know if I can wait 10 days...it will be more like 5, but it
shouldn't be a problem. Mesquite is one of, if not the most dimensionally
stable woods out there. It has about 1/3 the amount of dimensional change
in comparison to red oak.

todd

Good Luck!