Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®

Default More screwdrivers

Not in yardsales in/around goddammNYC, jack.
These g-d Westchester/NYC Yupsters will charge top dollar for their g-d
belly lint.

Also, quality 99c shopping depends on how big yer local ghetto is.
Despite the urgent and frenetic gentrification going on around here, we
still have sizable high-quality ghettos (ie, ample
drugs/prostitution/guns/home invasions/break dancing in the middle of a
6-lane thoroughfare), and therefore perty well-stocked 99c shops.
Sheeeiit, bruh, OUR 99c shops even have their own parking lots! 'Course,
it's not entirely advisable to park there....

But the rule to effective 99c shopping is dis:
Never buy anything where heat treating is important.
Which includes screwdriver tips.
Or anything that requires a perfect 90 deg angle, like a shop square.
But, if what you need is 87 degrees, then a 99c shop is indeed a perfect
place to buy a square.

HTH.
--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"Bob" wrote in message
. ..

"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote in message
Awl--

Apropos of the fairly interesting thread on screwdrivers on ahr, I
dee-clared that the 4,5,6-in-1 'drivers I was crowing about do not accept
the 1/4" hex tips for screwgurns, multi-tipped drivers, chapman's, etc.
The 4,5-in-1's indeed do not--barrel is too big.
However, the smaller end of the 6-in-1 *does* accept these std tips!
BUT,
the barrel is sorta deep, so you would have to put in a stop rod of
sorts,
to get the proper tip protrusion for tips less than about 1.5" long. A
small
screw would do. The longer tips will be fine.

The one carried by Nat Wh Liq is called Black & Sage--$2.99, iirc..
I got another one locally w/ a more cushioned handle called,
iDriver--yeah,
digital.... about $5 or so. I'm sure dat "i" accounted for at least two
of
those dollars.

Both quite acceptable quality, hollow-ground slotted tips.

Some 99c stores carry these, in an orange handle, but the quality is
really
miserable. Much as my mission in life is to equip my shop solely thru
99c
shops, these just don't cut it.

Equiping a shop at the 99c store is just stupid. You can get better
prices, and
far better tools at yard/garage sales and thrift shops.

Bob