Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer

Default ESP

T i m wrote:
On Wed, 03 May 2006 16:47:23 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

So, do we 'believe' that 'we' have some way of sensing (say) water
running below ground and the sensing of that is indicated by
subconcious movements of our hands to bring the rods together?

I'd say yes.

An untapped 'sense' then?

Don't some animals dig holes in the ground to find water? If so, how
do they know where to dig ... experience or luck maybe .. where do the
get coat hangers from? ;-)

Smell. You can smell water. You can smell an awful lot, but we ignore
99.99% of what we smell.

How do 'we' know we are only conscious of .01% of what's available to us
(assuming also there is much more that we can't smell that animals can).

There are numerous reports of people being able to percieve with "the
wrong" sensory organs, physical properties normally felt or measured(?)
with those we take for granted.

Perhaps that is the basis for genius? One obvious clue to this is the
way that water dowsers percieve their finds. What drives professional
geologists up the wall is that water is found in layers of strata.

Dowsers claim to have found "the place to dig" in other words some sort
of pipeline of water like streams. One would think that they would
"find" the whole resevoir which might straddle several fields not just
a plot of ground the size of a man-hole cover.

Bu it would seem that they never do. If they were charlattans they
would widen their area wouldn't they? I'd make my target as big and/or
vague as I could, if I was conning someone.