Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m

Default Dowsing

On Wed, 03 May 2006 16:47:23 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

So, do we 'believe' that 'we' have some way of sensing (say) water
running below ground and the sensing of that is indicated by
subconcious movements of our hands to bring the rods together?

I'd say yes.

An untapped 'sense' then?

Don't some animals dig holes in the ground to find water? If so, how
do they know where to dig ... experience or luck maybe .. where do the
get coat hangers from? ;-)

Smell. You can smell water. You can smell an awful lot, but we ignore
99.99% of what we smell.

How do 'we' know we are only conscious of .01% of what's available to
us (assuming also there is much more that we can't smell that animals
can).

All the best ..

T i m