Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dowsing

John Cartmell wrote:
In article ,
Mary Fisher wrote:
Nothing is guaranteed for any process.

But you are promoting a process which cannot be shown to work, has no reason
to work, for which there is evidence that it has ever worked, and for which
there is reason to suppose that it cannot work.

There are simple tests that will confirm its efficacy (if that exists) but,
following previous failures, those promoting it are now reluctant to put it to
further test - but that doesn't stop them (and you) continuing to make false
and misleading claims. I've no worry about your living in a fantasy world but
for two reasons:
1. You miseducate and mislead the vulnerable - children & those who are ill;
2. You contaminate other (good) ideas that you support.

--
John Cartmell

Yes I agree there is a serious side. It doesn't matter if a few twerps
wander around a field with forked twigs (they'd do better with a metal
detector) or if someone takes lots of homeopathic 'remedies' (100%
water so quite safe up to say half a gallon per day).
But it does matter if you are setting a stupid example to the young or
feeble minded. It matters greatly if you are ill and in need of real
medical help but taking advice from quacks, charlatans and that great
army of alternative 'remedy' fraudsters, counsellors etc etc.
Thats where it gets distasteful - they prey on the hypochondriacs, weak
bodied, feeble minded, needy, and make loads of money.

cheers
Jacob