jim rozen

Default The Maytag Man came by today

In article , Harold & Susan Vordos says...

I feel safer already, don't you?

LOL!

Hmm. Odd, you were not laughing when that other gent
says he was being denied SS benefits. In fact, your
thoughts were quite the opposite:

==================================
Yep, it does suck. I put in more than my required 40 quarters, many of
which were at the maximum, and hated paying each and every dime, especially
because I was self employed and paid both halves of the tab for many years.
I didn't work at all for the 9 years before applying for SS when I was 63½
years old, but I am drawing every dime I'm entitled to draw. Hell, I even
got a raise last January after drawing only one check, and now I understand
Dubya is giving me another raise, this one 2.2%. Life is good!
==================================

Maybe he was denied benefits because the walmart workers
weren't *paying* into the system, eh?

SS isn't an investment. It isn't a trust fund with
money in it. Your benefits are not the money you put
in, which were saved for you. That money's long
gone. Sure it would be great if I didn't have to
pay SS, or if my employer could give me a raise
because they didn't have to pay it either. I personally
thing I should be entitled to the same conditions as those
guys who work for walmart. Which means NOBODY pays into
SS. How would it be, if nobody had to?

There goes your good life, out the window.

I encourage you to re-think the humor in the
situation where todays workers don't pay SS tax,
and employers are not prosecuted for doing
this.

Jim

please reply to: