Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RoyJ

Default "Hardly used" compressor with "very dirty" air cleaner

That is a Wisconsin enigne with the old style oil bath air cleaner. If
it was properly filled in 1974, it would indeed be 'very dirty' I have
the same filter on my one lunger fire pump. Engine does not seem to have
a lot of hours since the muffler outlet holes are rusty but still round.
High muffler temps will rust the holes after a lot of on/off cycles.

The engine is electric start but does not have the tractor style magnito
used on the earlier engines. It is twin cylinder with different size
cylinders so it should pump to 175 psi easily (assuming it still does)

This unit looks like one mounted on a service truck. If so, chances are
good it has some life left in it. The ones to stay away from are the
ones used by contractors to run their air tools. Those are run
continuously for 8 to 12 hours a day. These will get 2000 to 3000 hours
of service per year.

Ignoramus5749 wrote:

For your enjoyment, a "hardly used", 32 year old compressor with "very
dirty" air cleaner.

http://cgi.ebay.com/12-hp-60-gallon-...temZ7615099021