Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus32263

Default "Hardly used" compressor with "very dirty" air cleaner

On Wed, 03 May 2006 11:25:08 GMT, Gary H wrote:
I wonder how the filter got dirty.

I wondered about the same thing, and wrote to the seller. He replied:

``the air cleaner is dirty from sitting in a bucket with other parts
and stuff, the compressor sat the first half of its life in a friend
of mines fathers garage and then sat the other half in my garage since
1996 and runs perfect if you dont think so then dont bid on it. but i
can guarantee its hardly used''

I also wonder how come the muffler is so rusty on a "hardly used"
compressor that spent its life in a garage.

"Ignoramus5749" wrote in message
For your enjoyment, a "hardly used", 32 year old compressor with "very
dirty" air cleaner.

http://cgi.ebay.com/12-hp-60-gallon-...temZ7615099021