Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Gardner

Default AR-15 lower build

"Louis Ohland" wrote in message
Thankfully there's not much need to carry around here. Aside from the
aesthetic qualities of the 16, wouldn't a pistol be better for close
quarters? Put a good laser or a holo site on it and use a 10MM. Bet you
could easily reach out to 75yds....

I'd rather build an electric gatling for .221 and hope the free recoil
wouldn't toss me backwards...

THAT I want to see!

I only want the AR because of the ease of building one and it would be
fairly cheap. I have enough pistols for a while and can't think of one that
would excite me. I don't have a really BIG one like a Casull but even I
can't justify it. I already have two 5.56mm rifles so I have plenty of
supplies and dies. Like you said, the aesthetic qualities are probably my
biggest draw and I like the engineering. Definitely not for a "situation".