Harold & Susan Vordos

Default The Maytag Man came by today

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 09:16:53 -0500, Nick Hull
brought forth from the murky depths:

In article ,
Larry Jaques wrote:

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 21:18:04 -0500, Nick Hull
brought forth from the murky depths:

Actually, the SS wrote me a letter telling me that they won't pay me a
single penny in social security when I turn 65 next year.

Did they say why?

They said I didn't contribute enough to qualify, despite quite a few
years at maximum SS tax rate

That truly sucks. Condolences.

Yep, it does suck. I put in more than my required 40 quarters, many of
which were at the maximum, and hated paying each and every dime, especially
because I was self employed and paid both halves of the tab for many years.
I didn't work at all for the 9 years before applying for SS when I was 63½
years old, but I am drawing every dime I'm entitled to draw. Hell, I even
got a raise last January after drawing only one check, and now I understand
Dubya is giving me another raise, this one 2.2%. Life is good!

Harold