Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

Default Rubbish Getting In To Emulsion Tubs

On Tue, 2 May 2006 21:55:48 +0100, Nick H
wrote:

Stuart Wrote:
Opening a tub of emulsion today I was faced with the usual pieces of
dried paint
around the rim of the tub and got to wondering if there is an easy way
of
preventing this as what usually happens is that flakes drop in to the
paint as
you take off the lid and even trying to remove the dried bits ends up
with some
going in .....
Has anyone found a way of preventing this ..
Any ideas ?.
Stuart[/QUOTE

I presume your talking about a used tin. The secret is to wash/wipe any
paint
from around the rim before you put the lid back on to a new tin. If the
tin is already contaminated then you can pour the paint through a
kitchen seive, I use a large flour seive. A professional painter would
never use paint directly from the tin they always pour it into a paint
kettle first, that way you shouldn't get s**t all over the tin.

I was talking about a used tin Nick .If it had been a new tin or tub it would be
going straight back to where it was bought .
I'll try and remember that tip.

Stuart
ps.How come your reply gets shown as being quoted same as the previous message
you replied to .???