Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m

Default Dowsing

On 2 May 2006 16:29:36 -0700, wrote:

Geronimo W. Christ Esq wrote:
wrote:

It seems to not have a problem working, despite that.

Lots of things have no yet known explanation.

The reason why dowsing appears to work is well understood.

ok, tell us why I got 12 answers out of 12 right when I tried it. I
sure dont know. It could be chance, but from that data the odds appear
to be just 0.5^12 that it is.

So, do we 'believe' that 'we' have some way of sensing (say) water
running below ground and the sensing of that is indicated by
subconcious movements of our hands to bring the rods together?

Or is it that the rods move on their own being 'powered' by this
unknown force through us or otherwise?

ie, If we mounted the two rods in a single (arm spaced) piece of wood
(so 'we' couldn't influence the rods independantly) would it still
work?

If so then in theory if we knew how to sense the cause of the moving
rods we wouldn't need them at all?

Walk across field, sense something, point at ground sort of thing?

Don't some animals dig holes in the ground to find water? If so, how
do they know where to dig ... experience or luck maybe .. where do the
get coat hangers from? ;-)

All the best ..

T i m