Posted to misc.consumers,alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

Default A Day Without an Illegal Immigrant

"George E. Cawthon" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

I for one would
pay a little more money to support our own workforce.

But, who would get this extra money if we kicked all illegals out of the
country? Have you ever seen the backbreaking work involved in harvesting
certain crops? Would you want your kids to do that kind of work?

Ah, then explain the cotton gin! I wonder how many people went around
screaming that the country would come to a halt if there weren't any
slaves to pick cotton.

The simple fact is that ingenuity would probably find a solution cheaper
than the current back breaking stoop labor if illegals were not available.
I think one could make a tight argument that illegals are inhibiting
progress.

Some crops cannot be harvested by machines. If they could be, the machines
would exist. Many cashiers can't get a container of strawberries into a
grocery bag without ****ing them up. No machine will harvest them safely, at
least not until robotics are much further along. A long list of other crops
are also too delicate for anything but human handling.