Posted to misc.consumers,alt.home.repair
George E. Cawthon

Default A Day Without an Illegal Immigrant

Doug Kanter wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

I for one would
pay a little more money to support our own workforce.

But, who would get this extra money if we kicked all illegals out of the
country? Have you ever seen the backbreaking work involved in harvesting
certain crops? Would you want your kids to do that kind of work?

Ah, then explain the cotton gin! I wonder how
many people went around screaming that the country
would come to a halt if there weren't any slaves
to pick cotton.

The simple fact is that ingenuity would probably
find a solution cheaper than the current back
breaking stoop labor if illegals were not
available. I think one could make a tight
argument that illegals are inhibiting progress.